Monday, March 8, 2010

Memories

This past weekend I was reminded of one of my favorite Molly memories. Mike and I visited several pet adoptions this weekend and at one of them we encountered a rambunctious Boxer mix. When this young pup used his paw to playfully "pop" one of the other dogs in the nose I laughed out loud.

My nephew has a cute and playful Boxer, Caesar who use to chase Molly around my brother's house until she was completely wore out. This is ironic because it was usually Molly who chased her playmates trying to get them to play with her until they were wore out.

When Caesar was a puppy he stood as tall as Molly and would chase Molly in a huge circle around my brother's house. It would start in the living room, head towards the office, down the hall and back into the living room. On this particular day Caesar must have chased Molly for about 10 minutes when she'd finally had enough. She stopped in the living room, ran and bumped Caesar, knocked him over and sat on him. At first he struggled. Then Molly took her front paw and held his head down. After a few minutes he stopped struggling. Molly sat on top of him smiling with her tongue hanging out of her mouth. Of course as soon as she let Caesar up he started chasing her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment